Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health is building a MSL team to work in our clinical division to support multiple pharmaceutical companies to drive awareness on clinical trials, develop new Primary Investigators and help to build educational awareness on existing trials in the surrounding area.
Supporting clinical trials for solid (including lung, breast, colorectal, and ovarian) and hematological tumors
The Medical Science Liaison will serve as a value added resource to sites and investigators and is responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for oncology clinical trials conducted by Syneos Health on behalf of our sponsors. The MSL position is a field-based member of the Medical Affairs team. The MSL should be highly trained in a health care field and well-versed in clinical practice. A primary focus of this role is to enhance clinical trial execution and enrolment, educate Principal Investigators (PIs) and treating physicians to support the clinical program through collaboration with existing sites, education on clinical protocol, disease state education, emerging safety information and enrolment of appropriate patients in company-sponsored clinical trial as well as identification of new PIs and trial sites.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Build and cultivate relationships with KOLs, Investigators, research sites & staff, and engage in peer-to peer discussions about trial progress, data and results.
- Partner closely with investigators and internal stakeholders to identify physicians treating oncology patients to educate around clinical trial protocol
- Proactively identify concerns, issues and barriers to patient enrolment and work to develop solutions in a cross functional manner
- Ensure that developing safety information is rapidly distributed to sites, investigators, and research teams to ensure the safety of all patients enrolled, or considering enrolment in the clinical trial
- Facilitate the identification of medical community educational needs around disease state and its diagnostic pathway. Conduct and implement a comprehensive disease awareness tactical plan within the respective sites
- Identify and communicate key clinical and research insights from industry leaders appropriately with internal stakeholders to help shape company research, development, and strategies for investigational product
- Collaborate with health care professionals to identify opportunities for the development of algorithms and guidelines to facilitate early diagnosis
- Collaborate with medical affairs and clinical team to coordinate and optimize educational and research support for sites/investigators participating in clinical trials
- Serve as a liaison to health care professionals, professional organizations, and disease state advocacy groups. Support the efforts of patient support groups and educational foundations
- Advanced degree in clinical specialty (PharmD, PhD, MD or equivalent)
- 3-5 years of MSL experience
- 3 years of experience with Oncology required
- Knowledge of clinical research design and GCP in the oncology area.
- Experience and knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements in clinical research, patient recruitment, and investigator sponsored trials
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical research trial design and study analysis, regional standards of care, applicable treatment guidelines and, cost effectiveness and other high-level HEOR evidence approaches, and local practices of patient management
- High prioritization, results oriented, and deadline focused skills.
- Able to anticipate challenges and devise strategies for success.
- Self-motivated able to work autonomously and must thrive on challenge.
- Demonstrate ability to develop trust and maintain integrity with KOLs/External Clinical and Scientific Experts, investigators, HCPs, and institutions; as well as with peers, and others.
- Exhibits high motivation and high energy level, self-starter
- Ability to work independently and adjusts effectively to work within new processes or requirements
- Ability to manage a geographically assigned territory from a home based office