The Group Account Director for Syneos Health Medical Communications will form and lead a sustainable Medical Communications Group in Germany as part of the wider Communications offering.
This role will work with the Medical Director, the German Senior Management and the Medical Communications groups in Europe to support clients with outstanding medical communication solutions and deliver both revenue and margin targets for a growing Med Comms practice.
- Develop and take ownership of the German Medical Communications business strategy business and regularly review progress against the annual business objectives (together with the Medical Director)
- Effectively lead and utilise the growing team and the resources available to ensure the smooth running of operational requirements, optimise business performance and drive business development
- Develop a suitable staffing plan for growth defined by strategy, business development progress, client needs and growth opportunities
- Show active leadership in the mentoring and coaching of team within the Med Comms team and beyond where appropriate
- Shape and deliver an innovative service portfolio for Medical Communications.
- Input into creative, strategic and tactical development of client proposals (in cases beyond MedComms)
- Contribute to annual revenue forecasts, reforecasts and business planning to meet the agreed targets
- Ensure the development of accurate capacity plans to deliver on agreed business targets
- Drive Business development for MedComms supported by the EU BD team and the German Leadership team
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Strong client service experience
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in strategic thinking and communications planning
- Strong medical communications experience spanning multiple therapy areas
- Experience in managing the operational financial aspects
- Experience of business development in both winning and organic new business
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognise our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)