To be based in Munich / remote in Germany.
About Syneos Health
Syneos Health maintains a dynamic, fast-paced working environment. Each day contains different challenges and opportunities to learn. We take promising ideas, turn them into commercial realities, and manage the life of a product or device from its inception to its completion. We demand the best from our people but in return we offer a creative environment designed to allow you to be yourself and achieve your potential. We also offer unparalleled career development opportunities and brilliant benefits.
The Scientific Director Medical Communications will form and lead the Medical Communications Group offer and delivery in Germany as part of the wider Communications offer.
This role will work with the Group Account Director, the German Senior Management and the Medical Communications groups in Europe to support clients with outstanding medical communication consultancy and solutions.
- Develop and take ownership of the German Medical Communications service portfolio and delivery team (together with the Group Account Director)
- Assume responsibility for team’s delivery of quality projects that meet or exceed client expectations
- Effectively build and utilise a growing team and work with the resources in Germany and cross the network to ensure an exceptional delivery of services
- Show active leadership in the mentoring and coaching of team within the Med Comms team and beyond where appropriate
- Staff retention and motivation by inspiring and leading team to achieve and exceed their own personal expectations
- Be an expert in all medical areas of clients business and main medical contact for the clients
- Establish a relationship to clients as the go to person for medical communications consultancy, indication expertise and planning. Develop strategy and content.
- Ensure efficient scoping and delivery of client projects to the scope
- Drive strategy and content within business development for MedComms
- Support creative, strategic and tactical development of client proposals and pitch presentations. This will involve leading or contributing to international opportunities as needed
- Identify external and internal marketing opportunities and responses, making recommendations to the leadership team
- Experience in an agency environment
- Strong medical communications experience spanning multiple therapy areas
- Scientific background (preferably MD, Biology, Pharmacy or similar) PhD/Dr. preferred
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in strategic thinking and communications planning
- Experience in engaging with scientific stakeholders (medical Teams on client slide, key opinion leaders, scientific advisors)