We are seeking an experienced Medical Science Liaison Germany and Austria to join our client; a pharmaceutical company focused on unmet medical needs in children.
You will have the opportunity to work with a highly experienced team of pioneers in a rapidly growing business. This role will be shaping the business and processes as our client moves forward with their current portfolio and with future product launches. This is an opportunity to execute a new to market medical strategy, engaging an almost entirely untapped potential across the region. Further, this role has the appeal of working in a market of significant unmet clinical needs with patient groups for whom our client's products are positively life-changing.
- Act as the scientific/medical field expert delivering medical education, updates, and gathering insights from the German and Austrian HCPs
- Educate HCPs, regional and national stakeholders of government or regulatory authorities and payers on novel emerging data and pipeline platforms
- Develop partnerships with investigators, opinion leaders, policymakers as well as healthcare professionals and ensure accurate documentation of interactions, compliance and safety reporting with local policies
- Organise, lead and support advisory board meetings, round table meetings and HCP workshops
- Align and cooperate with the KAM team for all activities related to medical information for external groups.
- Closely collaborate and interact with the central medical team in the UK
- Provide scientific support and guidance through presentations to Sales teams upon authorisation
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for scientific information as requested from customers
- Support the creation of promotional material from a scientific/medical standpoint and review and approve promotional material for use
- Identify clinical trial and publication opportunities
- Adhere to corporate SOPs and ensure vigilant compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements and guidelines governing scientific interactions with physicians and healthcare professionals across all activities
- Advanced medical or scientific degree, PhD is beneficial
- Previous experience as MSL
- Experience in the area of pediatrics, cardiology and/or neurology is a plus
- Customer focus with strong networking capabilities and excellent communication as well as presentation skills added with a strong teamwork mentality
- Understanding of clinical development and Good Clinical Research Practice and applying the highest ethical standards with a working knowledge of relevant clinical regulations and German and Austrian codes of practice
- Hands-on approach, willingness to take the initiative and hit the ground running.
- Flexibility, problem-solving and entrepreneurial skills
- Sound ability to work in conjunction with internal stakeholders and central functions
- Ability to travel frequently with overnight stays in the DACH area
- Fluency in German and English (both spoken and written)
In addition to this, we are looking for people who are highly motivated, passionate, success-driven, have a “hands-on attitude” and who want to be a part of building a new European specialty pharmaceutical company