Our client is a large global pharmaceutical business. They are looking for a Head of Commercial Excellence and Analytics for their Oncology range.
This role will be a key person in the commercial team providing sales force effectiveness (SFE) training to the entire team including leadership as well as exceptional analytics.
- Fostering the company culture by informing, coaching, and training the business unit, including its leadership.
- Leading business intelligence reporting, marketing research, forecasting, brand insights and training for the Oncology business unit (OBU) in Germany to allow data-driven decision-making.
- Leading diverse change initiatives in the German and regional OBU while collaborating with teams across the enterprise (including global I&A teams).
- Supporting the BU to continuously improve its business processes and to adopt and leverage agile ways of working where it adds value.
- Optimising performance by defining, introducing, and monitoring performance metrics.
- Uses comprehensive understanding of the corporation, franchises, brands, and competition to inform the development of long-term strategies and insight-based decisions.
- Transforms data into clear and actionable insight with the support of easy to use technical platforms.
- Establish an open-minded culture towards new technologies, professional use of digital tools, customer engagement, optimised exchange and use of information within the OBU.
- Participates in the ongoing development of commercial capabilities as a member of the Oncology leadership team (OLT).
- Aligns with cross-functional teams within and beyond the OBU implementing our multichannel strategy to provide the best service for our customers.
- Engages with the broader global OBU and with the EUCAN region in order to provide broader strategic views on the market to the OLT.
- Manages action plans and service level agreements with internal customers and outside vendors, mobilise resources in order to meet business needs and balance workload.
- Organises the BU's data-sharing in a cloud-based platform
- Serves as direct line supervisor for the market research, business analytics, and trainer team. Creates a team culture based on the company values.
- Coaches direct reports in their respective areas of expertise, and ensures that building of capabilities and knowledge is institutionalised as opposed to dependent on individuals.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in data analysis, including data visualisation, market research, forecasting, applied statistics, and quantitative modelling is required.
- Experience as a Business Analyst, or similar position in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Able to seamlessly collaborate in English with counterparts from regional and global headquarters.
- Able to influence with and without authority and to facilitate leadership team decision-making.
- Superior qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with the ability to autonomously draw conclusions and recommend.
- Track record of successfully implementing business analytics projects from design to deployment in a business context.
- Knowledge of sales reporting and KPIs.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to partner with senior leaders throughout the organisation.
- Excellent project and time-management and execution skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of key pharmaceutical industry data sources (e.g. IQVIA).
- Knowledge in planning and conducting coaching and trainings.
- Fluency in of at least one business intelligence platform (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.).
- Hands-on coding skills in an analytical language (R, python, Matlab, etc.).
- Ability to query SQL databases and basics understanding of database architecture and CRM systems.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).