The Precision Medicine Liaison is a field-based scientific and clinical expert who strategically supports the medical objectives of the Company Medicines’ development programs. The PML is responsible for identifying, developing, and managing peer-to-peer relationships with a variety of healthcare providers, including hematologists, oncologists, pathologists, dermatologists, gastroenterologists, and allergists/immunologists, as well as basic scientists, in academic and community practices.
You will be accountable to engage in high quality scientific exchange about the science and clinical application of our precision medicine portfolio to variety of external stakeholders, as well as obtain important insights about current practice, treatment landscapes, and emerging clinical and scientific data. In addition, you will build strong cross-functional relationships, as well as provide meaningful subject-matter expertise, to colleagues in Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, R&D, Patient Advocacy and Commercial, while maintaining full compliance with all relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements. You will report to the Country Medical Affairs Lead.
Territory - Southwest Germany. This is a field-based role and the successful candidate can be based anywhere in Southwest Germany.
- Identify key opinion leaders and cultivate a network of experts for disease areas of focus
- Respond to unsolicited requests and engage in meaningful, peer-to-peer scientific exchange of complex medical and scientific information with the oncology, hematology, pathology, and rare disease community
- Provide internal stakeholders with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs.
- Accurately profile country and define local dynamics related to patient diagnosis and referral for treatment
- Deliver medical/scientific presentations to internal & external stakeholders
- Assist with company-sponsored clinical trials and facilitation of investigator-initiated trials (ISTs)
- Lead planning and execution of regional advisory boards
- Collaborate with cross functional partners on internal projects and external initiatives
- Provide educational meeting support at scientific congresses
- Support training of cross functional teams
- Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- Foster and maintain the Company's positive and innovative culture
- Significant travel is required as part of this position
- Advanced Clinical/Science degree or professional credentials required (MD/DO, PhD, PharmD, MSc)
- Experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in Medical Affairs, with experience working with cross-functional in-house and field-based teams
- Rare Disease and/or oncology/hematology experience strongly preferred; combined is ideal
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and in local language of geographic location where the position is based
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Positive, solutions-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Adept, nimble, energetic, and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
- Capable of taking a hands-on approach and willing to “roll up one’s sleeves.”
- Ensure compliance with corporate rules and local regulations
- Strong analytical skills, especially with regard to understanding and interpreting scientific and clinical research and literature, are essential
- Commitment to the Copany Medicines’ Core Values: Patients First, Thoughtfulness, Urgency, Trust, Optimism